Follow Me

Sunday, June 18, 2017

I'm actually doing this!

Do you sit in your car and breathe in a few moments of silence before heading into your workplace? Do you ever find yourself stashing chocolate around the house because little hands might find it and eat it all before you get the opportunity to indulge? Do you dream of the Cheerios, action figures, and fast food wrappers being vacuumed out of your car?

If so, YOU ARE NOT alone! I repeat: You’re NOT alone!

It’s nice to meet you! I’m Angela, a working-outside-the-house mom who constantly struggles to keep it together in life when dealing with her family. Welcome to my blog!

The Beginnings…

“You should start a blog!” my husband insisted over a few years ago. “You like to write. You could write about all sorts of things.”

“No. I have nothing to say.” I shot him down instantly.

Then, life got crazy. REALLY crazy. Before I knew it, weeks led into months, months into years. And now, here I am, starting a blog, wondering what I’m getting myself into…

The first thing you should know about me is that I never dive into big projects spontaneously. I contemplate all sides, make pro/con lists, and then plunge into research. Afterwards, I analyze my decision for days, until I exhaust the topic with all my friends and husband. So naturally, once I decided that maybe my husband had a point (shhh…don’t let tell him I said that ), I started reading about how to write a blog. The number one thing I learned is that I need a niche.

A niche? Hmmm….

Which crazy niche hat should I put on to parade in front of you?

Well, there’s my Educator Hat. I’m a teacher who loves her profession, but find many education blogs quite overwhelming and repetitive. Not all them, but let’s face it, education trends come and go. Plus, I want to talk about something more people can relate to.

There’s my Motherhood Hat. I’m a mama to two spunky, wonderful, drive-me-nuts-in-every-way-possible boys. Jacob is seven and Jude just turned three. They use their cuteness to try to charm me into getting their way, until every ounce of energy is sucked out of my weary body. This happens most often as soon as I get home from work.

That’s it!! – WORKING MOMS. That’s my niche! 🎉

I’m a working mom who feels very overwhelmed but blessed at the same time. I’m a mom who wants to meet her spouse’s and children’s needs, thrive at work, keep solid relationships with her friends, and do it all without making the news in a bad way.

Does this sound like you too? If so, join me!  

While I can’t promise any life changing tips, profound advice, or Pinterest-worthy recipes, I can share my story with you in hopes that after reading each entry, you feel a little less alone. Who knows, after hearing about my loopy life, yours may feel a tad bit more normal than you originally thought. Or it may bore you and help you get to sleep at night. 😉
No matter the reason you’re still reading this, welcome aboard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment